Sunday, September 27, 2009

Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture

I first want to say that I have listened to Randy Pausch before and I have always thought he was an amazing man and a very determined man.

I thought Mr. Randy Pausch was very much into what he was talking about. He let everyone know that his cancer was not going to stop him from doing his job. This was a very brave statement. He stressed the fact that anything is possible.

Mr. Pausch then talked about his football dream. What stood out to me was the quote, “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted”. This quote is really true and a good quote to always think about when you don't get what you wanted. One of his dreams that he was able to achieve was that he was an author in the World Book Encyclopedia.

The main teaching technique that I really enjoyed was his idea of having fun. He stated how you can get students interested and learn the "hard stuff" if you give them a fun way to learn it. Basically, make it relevant. He used the example of middle school girls writing computer programs. He said they were able to learn it when he asked them to write stories. The head fake was that they were learning how to write computer programs.

Mr. Pausch's Last Lecture has always been interesting to me. This man touched many lives and I'm very glad this was one of our blog assignments.

2 comments: