Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Classroom Rules

class rules
New Classroom Rules:
The Education Innovation website has offered some new rules to apply in the classroom. Here are my two favorites on the list.

1. "Leave your seat only when necessary, which should be often to go collaborate with others or demonstrate something to the class." -Education Innovation
I like this rule because it's important for students to work with each other. I remember being in school and not being able to get out of our seats at all unless it was to ask the teacher something at the desk and I have always thought that it is important for students to work together and share ideas with each other. Not only does this help students to learn the material, but it also helps develop social skills.

2. "Know what you're supposed to be learning, why, and what you will do with the knowledge." -Education Innovation
Students have a tendency to just study the material for a test, and then completely forget all the information after the course is over. I know this firsthand, especially when the information is not really interesting; students just memorize it for a test and then forget about it right after the test. I try not to do this because then I can’t recall the information when needed. I try really hard now to figure out what I’m going to do with this knowledge and then I try to use it.

To view other classroom rules, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment