Wednesday, December 2, 2009

EDM 310 reflection

1. Throughout this class we have learned about many things such as blogs, presentations, google, podcasts, videocasts, and many other things. Each of these things has a special place in our heads as we will take bits and pieces and put them to use in our teaching. I learned a whole lot of new things and relearned and got new information on some things I already knew about. I came into this class with a pre-hatred for google with really no reason and I now love google and all of its uses. iTunesU I found to be very useful. Everything we covered in class with the exception of Twitter, I have found to be very useful in my life, not only in my becoming a teacher but in my daily life as well and I hope to continue my education on each of these things.
2. In this class, I would have liked to learn more about Google Earth and all that google has to offer, even though I know it is a lot.
3. There really is nothing in this class that I learned that I wish I had not learned. Everything I learned was and is beneficial to my becoming a teacher.
4. This class really did excite me for many reasons but one main reason was that I learned so many new things that I might not have ever learned elsewhere. I learned the importance of blogging and the usefulness of it. There were the low points in the class but as a whole, it was exciting.
5. There really wasn’t anything in this class that was “intellectually challenging.” I understood or caught on to everything we did in the class.
6. There were times that I was bored but in all honesty, it was because I did not have the motivation to do some things. If I had the motivation, then I would not have been bored at all. I just lacked the motivation at times to do the work.
7. The thing I would change about this class is something that you discussed at the beginning and that was making it into a lab class and coming to the classroom only when needed, there were numerous times where I felt like if I missed class then it would not be a big deal because there would be instructions on the class blog on how to do it. I really do feel like this should be like a lab course.
8. I do believe I am Technologically Literate at the moment. I would love to someday be greatly literate but for right now I think I am in the medium category, all thanks to this class!
9. I will improve my technological literacy by continuing my education in technology. I will continue researching and following some of the blogs that we learned about in the class. I will not only research and follow but I will continue to learn and practice.

1 comment:

  1. Well we will,try the Lab Course approach next semester. My fear is that many students will get far behind and try to catch up at the last minute. We shall see!

    Keep learning. It never ends!

    ReplyDelete