Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Wonderful World of Podcasting

I thought the podcasts were informative but I did find some of them boring at times that I felt like I was going to fall asleep. I listened to Ed Tech Talk. This episode was about “Teachers Teaching Teachers” and they were sharing their knowledge about Google Docs. They explained how to upload templates and share them in the class. Everything that they covered in this podcast is something that I will more than likely use in my classroom.

Overall the Kidcast podcast was alright. This one was very informative to me as he listed the pros and cons of videocasting and he even gave his own advice on audio podcasting and video podcasting. The next podcast I listened to was MacBreak Weekly. I did not get anything out of the MacBreak Weekly and it did not really spark my interest.

The last podcast I listened to was This Week in Photography. This is the one that captured my attention the most, it was very interesting and very informative to me as it discussed using photography and photography is one of my passions.

Podcasts as a whole is a very useful tool, it lets you connect to anyone in the world and you can listen to anything you want that is on itunes. I honestly don't think that about 15 or even 10 years ago that we would have these things called pod casts and people would be using them so much.

2 comments:

  1. There are a lot of new communication tools that we did not have 10 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't fall behind in your posts. You are behind now and need to catch up quickly. It gets harder and harder to do so!

    ReplyDelete